Last updated : 26th August 2019
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people whom we do not employ or manage. For example, you may be able to access third party services (including through links, advertisements, or other means), including social networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, from any of our websites and services. When doing so, please understand that those third parties have their own set of information practices. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third parties.
Information Collection and Usage
- We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you register for a MapleStorySEA Passport or a Playpark Game account, when you use Playpark products or services, when you visit games’ web pages, and when you access each games or Services we offer. We may also receive relevant personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- Personally Identifiable Information is any information about you that you have provided to us including but not limited to the following: Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Home Address, Email Address, Debit/Credit Card or any Payment Method Information and other relevant information.
- We automatically receive and record technical and usage information on our server logs such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique hardware identifiers such as MAC Address and other similar information, your browser type, browser language, referring and exit URLs (including, without limitation, your access to third party sites (including through links, advertisements, or other means), including social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+), interactions with other users, usage statistics with the Services, and device identification information regarding the computers, the servers or other devices with which you use our Services.
- We use this information for the following general purposes: to customise the advertising and content you see, to fulfil your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about special promotions and new products.
- We also automatically receive and record playtime information when you access our games including your IP address, login time, time spent online and actions done. Playtime information is generally used to evaluate and improve services, as well as to monitor, address, prevent or limit illegal activities.
Who Is Collecting Information
- Information subject to this Policy is collected by Playpark, with offices located in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia. When you are asked for Personal Information while using the Service, you are sharing that Personal Information with Nexon Corporation, its parent, its sister companies, and its affiliates, unless specifically stated otherwise. As these entities may be located outside of Singapore, each overseas region may have a data protection level that is not identical to that maintained in Singapore. As a result of this data sharing, you may receive communications originating from any of the Playpark group of companies.
- If you do not want your Personal Information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of Personal Information by not using that particular Service or by not providing any Personal Information at that time.
When and How We Collect Information About You
- We collect information from you when you register for an account on any of Playpark’’s games’ websites, access our games or forums, place an online order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out an online form, use Live Chat or IBox services, or enter such information on our websites while providing us with feedback on our products or services.
- When required, we may occasionally monitor, record, store and process these communications and interactions, including but not limited to public postings on 3rd party social media applications or bulletin boards, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend Nexon Corporation’s rights and property.
Usage of Cookies and similar technological methods:
- When you use our Services, Playpark and Nexon Corporation may collect information about your use and interaction with those Services. The bulk of this information is collected and stored through the use of technological means like cookies, log files, and analytical measurements and tools.
- Such cookies and tools may be set on your computer or device and accessed automatically whenever your computer accesses or interacts with any of our Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We collect and process personal data from you when you register for an account, access our games services, seek customer service support, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features. We may collect, use, disclose and/or process Personal Identifiable Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To create your account, which allows you to access and utilize our Services;
- As a means of identification and/or verification of account ownership;
- To provide you the proper functioning of the Services, which may require the sharing of information with third party(ies) consistent with the provisions of this Policy;
- To provide you with a customized or personalized experience;
- To provide you with technical support or to respond to your questions or comments, be it via IBox, Live Chat, Forum, Text Messaging or Phone Inquiries;
- To enforce and comply with all related law or regulatory obligations;
- To provide you with relevant and targeted or direct advertising from Playpark, Nexon Corporation or third parties;
- To send you e-mails or postal mails with updates or promotions about our Games and other products and Services available within the Asiasoft group of companies;
- To protect the integrity of the Services;
- To evaluate, analyse and/or improve upon the Services
- To produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or recordkeeping purposes;
We reserve the right to use and/or release any or all information contained within our databases, access logs or other records concerning you if you violate the Terms, policies, notices, agreements or guidelines, or intentionally or unintentionally partake (or are reasonably suspected of partaking) in any illegal activity, including, but not limited to, hacking, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order, and to release such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and as otherwise required by law, and/or to initiate our own legal proceedings. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using the Service (or any part thereof) for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspicious or suspected illegal activity to law enforcement individuals or entities for investigation or prosecution.
Sharing Of Your Information
It is our policy not to share your Personal Information with third parties unaffiliated with Playpark except in the following circumstances:
Sale or Merger:
For some game-related events, be it online or offline, we may share information, including your profile and nicknames, with third parties or the general public. For example, a Game-related event or contest may include a description of the participating player, photos, and videos.
How we store your personal information
Your personal information is stored in our database. We provide high level security and controls to protect your personal information against unauthorised access. Your personal information is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for legal purposes.
- Your MapleStorySEA Passport Account and games account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- While we take reasonable precautions against possible security threats, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, so we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to maximize the security of your Personal Information, such as not sharing your login information and promptly logging out of your account each time after you are done using our Service.
Spam Control Act
In accordance with Singapore’s Spam Control Act (Chapter 311A), we agree to the following :
Your email address is collected for the general purpose to :
- Respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions pertaining to usage of our games, products and/or services.
- Send you additional information or marketing materials related to our games, products and/or services.
- Not use misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Honor mailing-list unsubscribe requests within 3 business days.
Access to Personal Information
Where allowed by law, you may request access to your Personal Information. To do so, please submit an IBox ticket to our Customer Support Division. We will process that request in line with our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.
There may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access to your Personal Information. We may deny, or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and is not reasonably severable, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. We will advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request.
Security of Your Information
Although we do not represent that we follow any particular, independent code of best practices, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. For example, we protect some of your Personal Information by using a firewall and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security threats, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, so we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to maximize the security of your Personal Information, such as not sharing your login information and logging out of your account after you are done using our Service.
All users should be aware that, when they disclose Personal Information to others through or by using the Service, the information being shared may be made publicly available and may be collected and used by others outside of the control of Playpark. When you disclose about you to others, you do so at your own risk and we are not responsible for protecting the information that you choose to communicate to other users on the Service, or for the actions of other users.
- You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes.
- You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
- If you do not agree to the changes, you may discontinue the usage of all of the Services covered under this Policy.
- There will not be any refunds made for any discontinuation of Service.
Questions or Suggestions or Issues
- If you have questions or suggestions or issues, please complete a Web Enquiry submission form (IBox) or email.
- We are secured under GlobalSign Certification Authority (www.globalsign.com). This certification applies to all English-language sites under the Asiasoftsea.com, Asiasoftsea.net, MapleSEA.com, PlayPark.com and PlayPark.net domains.
BY SIGNING UP FOR AN MAPLESTORYSEA PASSPORT ACCOUNT AND GAME ACCOUNT(S), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY, AND THAT YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IDENTIFIED IN THIS POLICY. YOU MAY REVOKE YOUR CONSENT AT ANY TIME BY DISCONTINUING THE USAGE OF THE SERVICES THAT WE PROVIDE.
"Service(s)" means the website, interactive software entertainment products and services made available to end users by Playpark, which includes functionalities, gameplay, technologies, and other aspects of our Site, our Games, and all Site- and Game-related products and services..
"Site" or "Website" means www.asiasoftsea.com, www.maplesea.com, www.playpark.com and other such URLs as may be controlled by Playpark.
Should you have any concerns regarding your personal data or how we use your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.