28 Sep 2021
Step Up Patch Notes (v208)
Step up your game to a new era with MapleStorySEA!
TABLE OF CONTENTS1. Job Balancing
2. Fairy Bros' Daily Gift Revamp (From 1st October 2021, 0000hrs)
3. System Improvements and Updates
4. Closure of Content
Other Miscellaneous Skill Changes and Improvements
➢ Shadower, Dual Blade's Advanced Dark Sight
➢ Night Walker's Shadow Jump
➢ Cadena's Chain Arts: Chase
➢ Ho Young's Incognito
➢ Soul Arrow: Crossbow's cast delay has been decreased by 55%.
➢ Call of the Wild's cast delay has been decreased by 50%.
➢ Feline Berserk's cast delay has been decreased by 50%.
➢ Silent Rampage's cast delay when used while riding the Jaguar has been decreased by 29%, which is the same as when the Jaguar is summoned.
➢ However, if Overload Mode is protected, your MP will be not be restored when you resurrect.
➢ All Jobs : Mihile's link skill Knight's Watch, 5th job Decent skills
➢ All Explorers : Epic Adventure
➢ Captain : Untiring Nectar
➢ All Cygnus Knights : Glory of Guardians
➢ Striker : Static Charge
➢ Mihile : Queen of Tomorrow
➢ Cadena : Elite Serum
➢ All Heroes : Heroic Memories
➢ All Demons : Demonic Fortitude
➢ All Resistance : Will of Liberty
➢ All Floras : Wrath of God
➢ Cooldown : Decreased from 40 seconds at level 25 to fixed 20 seconds
➢ HP Cost : Decreased from 5% max HP to 3% max HP
➢ All Stats Passive Boost : Changed to a passive ATT/MATT boost
➢ Added the feature that allows you to float in air for a certain amount of time when you hold the key down
➢ Aran's Adrenaline Boost
➢ Luminous's Light and Dark status display
➢ Demon Avenger's Exceed display
➢ Cadena's Chain Arts: Fury
➢ Illium's Glory Wing
➢ Ark's Vigor gauge display
➢ Paladin's Smite
➢ Arch Mage (I/L)'s Freezing Breath
➢ Wild Hunter's Jaguar Soul
➢ Xenon's Confining Entanglement
➢ Hero : Weapon Mastery's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Paladin : Weapon Mastery's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Explorer Magician : MP Increase's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Explorer Bowman : Archery Mastery's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Canon Shooter : Buck Shot's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Flame Wizard : Verses of Flames' attack speed boost has been increased from 1 stage to 2 stages. Magic Mastery's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Luminous : Spell Mastery's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
➢ Angelic Buster : Melody Cross' attack speed boost has been increased from 1 stage to 2 stages.
➢ Kinesis : Pure Energy's attack speed has been increased by 1 stage.
Better gifts with Step Up rewards!
The revamped system and reward list for Fairy Bros' Daily Gift will begin on 1st October 2021.
- You can now receive gifts as long as you have defeated 300 level range monsters shared in your world.
- Certain content and event monsters are not including in the amount.
- After midnight, the number of defeated level range monsters will be reset.
- The existing specification where you cannot claim gifts between 2345hrs - 0015hrs will maintain.
(All rewards listed last for 7 days upon claiming, with the exception of Spell Traces)
- Select Tab 8 Slot Coupon
- Save Damage Skin Slot x1 Expansion Coupon
Boss ContentBoss UI Improvements
- Available: Displayed when boss challenge count is available.
- Unavailable: Displayed when boss challenge count is used but the boss is not cleared.
- CLEAR: Displayed when the boss is cleared.
- Zakum (Easy/Normal/Chaos)
- Von Bon (Normal/Chaos)
- Vellum (Normal/Chaos)
- Lotus (Normal/Hard)
- Damien (Normal/Hard)
- Cygnus' Garden
- Mirrored Throne of Light
- When queuing for Ursus, if all characters have responded and someone cancels it, they will be rematched immediately.
- The window asking to move after being matched can no longer be closed with the ESC key.
- Instead of caging a player, Hilla will now summon Skeleton Knights which she continuously drains health from and you must defeat all of the monsters to stop her healing.
- Minions in Hilla will no longer give experience.
- It has been changed that only the party members who use the portals will be moved.
- Pink Bean's required entry material "Chaos Marble" has been removed.
- [Pink Bean] Breaking the Ward quest can no longer be completed.
- The Chaos Marble is no longer consumed when entering Normal/Chaos Pink Bean.
- The entry condition has been changed so that you can only enter once per day, regardless of difficulty.
- Pierre (Normal/Chaos)’s hats have been changed to have different patterns to make them easier to distinguish.
- Purple Pierre and Blue Pierre’s hat patterns have been changed.
- Fixed an issue in Chaos Pierre where if the split pattern was activated 1 time then Pierre’s HP was healed to return to the previous phase, it would instantly split again without a grace period.
- Fixed an issue in Pierre where if you had the same colour hat and dealt more than a certain amount of damage, Pierre would not recover health. When Pierre recovers health, it can now only recover up to 15% max HP at a time.
- Fixed an issue in Chaos Von Bon where after exiting his inner world, if Von Bon was hit by a physical attack in his fatigued state, it would be cancelled instantly.
- After defeating Pierre and Crimson Queen, the map duration will be increased to 5 minutes and the character will not take damage, similar to other boss monsters.
- The curse pattern’s stun and seal will now be applied only up to 30 seconds.
- The curse pattern’s stun will now be cancelled when Papulatus is defeated.
- Papulatus can no longer be binded while in Alarm mode.
- Fixed an issue with Lotus where in phase 2 and 3’s platform pattern, sometimes platforms would exist but they could not be stood on.
- Fixed an issue in Lotus where if a party member died in Phase 1 then didn’t revive until the party members entered phase 3, they would not be able to move after being moved to phase 2.
- Fixed an issue in Damien where if playing a party, sometimes 2 or more Damiens would appear.
- Fixed an issue in Damien Phase 2 where the smack down attack’s duration was longer than the effect.
- In Lucid (Easy/Normal), the Nightmare Golems and Nightmare Poison Mushrooms have been changed from taking fixed damage to having normal HP.
- Lucid will now cast the bomb debuff on all characters, and you will only be able to see your own bomb and its remaining explosion time.
- When the bomb explodes, instead of the damage being distributed amongst nearby party members, the damage you take yourself will now be decreased based on the number of nearby party members.
- The bomb’s damage has been decreased from 199% max HP to 180% max HP.
- When the bomb pattern is activated, a 'Dream zone' containing Lucid’s memories will now appear at specific areas in the map. If you are near the 'Dream zone' when the bomb explodes, you will receive the same damage reduction effect as if you had 1 party member nearby.
* However, if there is even 1 other party member nearby, you will not receive the damage reduction effect from the 'Dream zone'.
- Fixed an issue Phase 2 where Lucid would move for a certain period of time after being binded.
- Fixed an issue Phase 2 and 3 where if you died after falling to the bottom of the map and revived, the HP reduction and potion lock would still be active.
- In Phase 1, a crack image has been added to the platform in one area to better distinguish the areas.
- In Phase 1, the map move pattern has been changed so that at least 1 party member is moved to each dimension.
- In Dusk (Normal/Chaos) and Djunkel (Normal/Hard), when they are defeated, the drops will now be dropped around them.
- When there are party members who exited, the number of candles required will now be decided based on the number of remaining party members. The number of candles will change after the next soul cut.
- Fixed an issue in Heretic Hilla where sometimes party members’ Death Counts were not visible.
- Fixed an issue where death counts are consumed after defeating Heretic Hilla.
- In Phase 2 Dawn Phase, the wisp explosions’ status effect has been changed from Seal to Opposite Keys.
- The conditions to increase Midnight’s angle have been made easier.
- Fixed an issue in Serene phase 2’s Noon and Midnight forms where the attacks were faster than the effects.
- In Phase 3, the colour of the powerful damage laser’s skill effect has been changed to be different from the regular laser skill effect.
- Fixed an issue in where sometimes if you died due to the damage of stacking the Creation and Destruction debuffs, a Death Count would not be immediately consumed but it would be consumed after resurrecting.
- Fixed an issue in phase 1 where debuffs from skills applied to the Wailing Walls.
- Fixed an issue in phase 4 where if you were hit by the Destruction Bomb pattern, the Destruction debuff was applied before the damage.
Cube and Resurrection Flame Acquisition Improvements
- Yellow/Purple Cube (Tradeable, Expires in 7 Days)
- Crimson/Rainbow/Black Resurrection Flame (Tradeable, Expires in 7 Days)
- Blade of Chaos/Powerful Blade of Chaos (Tradeable, Cube Crafting Materials)
- Unextinguished Flame/Never Extinguished Flame/Black Never Extinguished Flame (Tradeable, Resurrection Flame Crafting Materials)
- Elite Monsters/Elite Champions: Golden Hammer 50%
- Elite Bosses' Rare Treasure Box: Yellow/Purple Cube, Crimson/Rainbow Resurrection Flame
- Mythical Veins: Blade of Chaos, Powerful Blade of Chaos
- Mythical Herbs: Unextinguished Flame, Never Extinguished Flame
- Alicia's Ring Boxes: Blade of Chaos, Powerful Blade of Chaos, Unextinguished Flame, Never Extinguished Flame, Golden Hammer 50%, Crimson Resurrection Flame
- Magic Crystal x500
- Resurrection Fragment x30
- High Spell Essence x50
- Black Never-Extinguishing Flame x5
- Rare Tier: 100 Honor EXP
- Epic Tier: 200 Honor EXP
- Unique Tier: 1500 Honor EXP
- Unique Tier(+1 Locked Line): 3000 Honor EXP
- Unique Tier(+2 Locked Line): 5500 Honor EXP
- Legendary Tier: 8000 Honor EXP
- Legendary Tier(+1 Locked Line): 11000 Honor EXP
- Legendary Tier(+2 Locked Line): 16000 Honor EXP
- Premium Pet Equipment Scroll
- Premium Accessory Scroll
- Miracle Scroll 50%
- Potential Scrolls
- Blessing from Yggdrasil Scrolls
- Meister Earrings
- Half Earrings
- Scarlet Earrings
- Inverse Jewel Earrings
- Ifia's Earrings
- E.X.P. Entropy
- Golem Transformation Potion
- Orange Mushroom Transformation
- Pig Transformation
- Alien Gray Transformation
- Root Abyss Chaos Sealed Boxes
- Alicia's Ring Box (Grade 1-10)
- Hidden Ring Box
- Mighty/Deft/Enlightened/Lucky/Glamourous: 15%
- Sharp/Runic/Robust: 8%
- Augmented: 1%
- Coins (Yggdrasil Rune Stone, Crusader Coins, Monster Park Coin, Dream Coin, Spirit Coin) --> 9999 - Alchemy Potions (e.g. Luxury Remedy of Boss Killer) --> 999
- Various Scrolls and Potential Stamps --> 100
- Pathfinder: Ruin Explorer's Hood (Defense decreased from 7 to 2, number of slots increased from 2 to 7)
- Xenon: Atomic Boots (Speed and Jump stat removed)
- Kaiser: Kaiser's Training Shoes (Defense decreased from 5 to 2, number of slots increased from 2 to 5)
- Cadena: Agent Shoes (Defense decreased from 5 to 2, number of slots increased from 2 to 5)
- Angelic Buster: Nova Training Shoes (Defense decreased from 5 to 2, number of slots increased from 2 to 5)
- Please note that you cannot grow them beyond the value required to reach the Symbols maximum level.
- Rank B: 25%
- Rank A: 20%
- Rank A+: 12%
- Rank S: 7%
- Rank SS: 3%
Pathfinder Free Job Advancement
- How to Return to Partem (Lv. 20)
- Master of Ancient Power (Lv. 200)
Quest & Map
- You can now perform the Genesis Weapon liberation mission in a party of 2 or lesser.
- Both party members must be on the same liberation mission to proceed.
- If you enter the Genesis Weapon liberation mission in a party of 2, you will receive an additional penalty of 50% final damage reduction.
The SEED Content
- Allows you to activate the skill of your currently equipped SEED Skill Rings.
- Shares the same hotkey even if you switch between SEED Skill Rings.
- The buff display location has been changed so that the buff icons do not block the timer.
- The timer display method has been changed to countdown from 15 minutes instead of clocking cumulative time.
- Stat ATT range will now be displayed in Unit Form like the one's in Unit Damage Skin, in B/M/K formatting.
- Final Damage % and Ignore Defense % values will now be displayed up to 2 decimal places.
- When Stance % and Critical Rate % exceeds 100%, you can now check the exceeded amount through the mouse-over tooltip.
- The font size can now be adjusted in Settings > Options > Chat/Invitation category. - The Alliance chat colour has been changed to distinguish from Hyper Megaphone messages.
- The Whisper icon image has been changed.
- In the Graphics options UI, you can now set whether to move pet locations behind the character or not. Note that this will not apply when pets are on different platforms from the characters or when using a rope.
- With the introduction of Android voiceovers in v208, an option to Mute Android voices is added on the Sound Settings category. - In the Game Options UI, a new option has been added that lets you choose if Pet Auto HP should apply when your skills consume HP. The maximum amount shown has been changed to 95% to match the current logic.
- You can check the checkbox to use Buff Freezer, and you will use a Buff Freezer automatically when resurrected.
- In boss fights, if you consume all your Death Counts and exit, you cannot choose to use Buff Freezers. Your buffs will be protected automatically without consuming Buff Freezers.
Other Notable Changes
announced, a handful of contents has come to the end of their life span.
Contents that will be removed:
➢ The Afterlands ~ [Afterlands] A Voice Asking for Help
➢ Monad Blockbuster and Boss Julieta ~ [MONAD:First Sign] The Old Woman's Letter
➢ Veracent ~ [Veracent] Back To Veracent
➢ Black Bean Mini-Boss (from Gold Beach Resort) ~ [Black Bean] Gold Richie Junior's Distress
After their removal, you can no longer access the above contents.
➢ The Maple Guide will no longer display recommendation to The Afterlands content and Boss Julieta.
➢ The Boss UI will no longer display Julieta boss content.
➢ Dimensional Mirror will no longer display the pathway to The Afterlands, Veracent, and Abrup Base Camp.
➢ NPC Agent Poo will be removed from Gold Beach Resort.
➢ If you're in a map where the content is being removed from the v208 update, you'll be teleported to Henesys.
Do note that equipment and items that have been obtained from the above mentioned contents will not be removed.
As such, items such as the Remnants of Afterland (Equip Set) and Aye-aye's Armor Ticket, if any, will remain in your possession.