13 Nov 2017
NOVA Patch Notes (v171)
NOVA is finally here! Rescue trapped Rock Spirits, explore a new Episode in the Dimension Library, and play Cadena!
Table of Contents
1. 5th Job Advancement Updates
2. New Class: Cadena (Available from 22 November 2017)
3. Spirit Savior
4. Boss Rewards Revamp
5. Maple Achievement
6. Dimension Library: Episode 4 - The Bard of the Snowfield (Available from 6 December 2017)
7. Existing Skill Adjustments
8. Miscellaneous Updates
Ready to power up with all-new V skills? In NOVA, each type of classes have a new common skill, in addition to the already existing common skills available!
V Job Advancement and Arcane Symbol Changes
- The cooldown time required between charging each Arcane Stone has been removed (previously 4 hours).
- Upon using Core Gemstones, you will now only receive Core Gemstones that you can equip in your V Matrix.
- Maximum level of Arcane Symbols has been increased to 20.
Born into a noble family of Grandis, Cadena’s life took a turn for the worse when Magnus invaded, her family among those marked for death. By sheer will of luck, Cadena was rescued by an unknown savior, an associate of the Shadow Merchants.
Eventually, she abandoned her original name and took the name Cadena for herself, which reflects on her choice of weapons, Chains. Vowing to avenge her family’s death, she joined the Shadow Merchants and honed her skills, starting on her journey to become stronger.
Cadena can be created from 22 November 2017 onwards (after maintenance).
- Faction: Nova
- Class: Thief
- Main Stat: LUK
- Weapon: Energy Chain (1 handed)
- Secondary Weapon: Weapon Transmitter
- Maple Union Attacker Unit Member Effects: LUK +20/40/60/80/100
New Town: Savage Terminal
Cadena will begin her journey in the stronghold of Shadow Merchants, in Savage Terminal, a planet in Grandis.
Savage Terminal can be accessed from Pantheon.
Cadena uses her chains as her primary weapon, while summoning a large variety of weapons from her arsenal to aid in her quest for strength and victory.
Cadena can also learn Nova Common and Thief Common V Skills.
A new daily dungeon is now available in Arcane River's Arcana. Rescue the trapped Rock Spirits in Spirit Savior in exchange for Spirit Coins! Spirit Coins can be exchanged for Arcane Symbol: Arcana. Spirit Coins awarded will depend on the score achieved in Spirit Savior.
- Above level 225.
- Completed quest [Arcana] Return of a Harmonious Forest
- Solo content - No Entry allowed in a party
- 3 entries per day
- 3 minutes time limit
- Rescue as many Trapped Rock Spirits as you can!
- Attack the Trapped Rock Spirits to free them.
- Save them by using the NPC Chat key.
- Avoid the map obstacles and the Poisonous Chaser that kills Rock Spirits! If you get hit by the Poisonous Chaser, your defense points will fall. Take note!
- The Poisonous Chaser will start chasing you once you free the Trapped Stone Spirits.
- Poisonous Chasers are invincible and cannot be killed, and explodes upon contact.
- Upon contact, all Stone Spirits still with you will be lost, and you will lose a portion of your defense points.
- The more Rescued Stone Spirits you have with you, the faster and stronger the Poisonous Chaser will be.
- Return to the rescue point in the centre of the map, sending the Rescued Rock Spirits to safety, to obtain points.
- When the time runs out or your defense gauge drops to zero, Spirit Savior ends and you can obtain coins based on your score obtained.
- For every 1000 points obtained, 1 Spirit Coin will be given.
- Exchange 3 Spirit Coins for 1 Arcane Symbol: Arcana!
- The more Rock Spirits you rescue, the higher your points!
Bosses now award more mesos compared to the past! New NPC Collector is now in the Free Market!
Bosses will now stop dropping mesos, but instead drop a Glowing Soul Crystal, which can be sold to the Collector for a large sum of mesos.
Boss Entry and Clear Limit Changes
Please take note of changes to the following boss's entries in the upcoming patch. Bosses not listed are not affected.
- Easy/Normal Zakum - 1 Entry daily (shared)
- Chaos Zakum - 1 Clear weekly
- Easy/Normal/Chaos Horntail - 1 Entry daily (shared)
- Easy/Normal/Hard Von Leon - 1 Entry daily (shared)
- Normal/Hard Hilla - 1 Entry daily (shared)
- Easy/Normal Magnus - 1 Clear daily (shared)
- Easy/Normal Cygnus - 1 Clear weekly (shared)
- Normal/Hard Lotus - 1 Clear weekly (shared)
- Normal/Hard Damien - 1 Clear weekly (shared)
- Normal/Hard Lucid - 1 Clear weekly (shared)
Bosses will now drop a fixed amount of Suspicious Cubes, Boss Medal of Honours, and Elixers/Power Elixirs.
New Accessories have been added to Hard Lotus and Hard Damien, the Loose Control Machine Mark and the Magical Eye Patch.
A new Equipment Set has been added to the game, the Boss of Darkness Set.
The Set consists of the following equipment:
- Loose Control Machine Mark: Drops from Hard Lotus at a chance.
- Magical Eye Patch: Drops from Hard Damien at a chance.
- Black Heart: Can be forged from Damaged Black Heart by NPC Sensitive Squadron in Haven.
- Fantasy Belt: Drops from Hard Lucid at a chance.
Ever wanted a place to record your every action? Want recognition for completing other goals in-game rather than your levels or damage alone? With the all-new Maple Achievement system, new goals are available for you to work towards to!
Start the Achievements quest by clicking on the relevant quest in the lightbulb, and access if from the Menu icon!
Completing an Achievement will let you earn points. These points are shared across your entire Maple Account. Different Achievements will award a different number of points, with harder Achievements awarding more points.
By collecting Achievement points, you can increase your Achievement Grade. Listed below are the following grades available:
- Bronze: 10pt - 4,999pt
- Silver: 5,000pt - 19,999pt
- Gold: 20,000pt - 29,999pt
- Platinum: 30,000pt - 35,999pt
- Diamond: 36,000pt onwards
- Master: Top 100 players with Rank above Platinum
A new episode awaits! Enter the story in the shoes of a forgotten name and experience the war that unfolds...
Skills across the board have also received changes.
Arch Mage (Fire/Poison)
Child of God
With NOVA, we standardized the Level Range Monsters from Zest and Zeal to reflect the same standard regardless. Level Range Monsters now refer to monsters + or - 20 levels from your character's level. We have also further tweaked the date formats in the system for more of the formats in-game to reflect the DD/MM/YYYY format.
There were a few QoL updates as well, as follows:
- USE items with the same expiry will now be placed in a single stack if it can be placed in a single stack (Example: Fairy Bro Daily Gift's 2x Coupons, Rest EXP Coupons)
- There is an additional alert window that appears when throwing Chairs to further prevent human error.
- Players can now reissue selected titles by talking to the respective NPCs and paying a small fee.
- Root Abyss: NPC Oko
- Maple Chat: NPC Irene
- Blockbuster Titles: NPC Moko
- Alert windows will now be shown when trying to register an invalid skill for Pet Auto Buff or Skill Macro.
- Decent Skills from Item Potentials can now be registered in Pet Auto Buff.
- A pop-up notice will now appear when your Union Coins are at its maximum possible value.
- Max slot for Crystals and Ores have been increased.
- Core Gemstones can now be opened continuously when registered on a hotkey.
- Character Selection Pages are now numbered and the amount of characters you have created will now be displayed.
Other miscellaneous updates include:
- Maximum character slots has been increased. You can obtain additional Character Slot Coupons in the Cash Shop for free.
- Maple Storage Box has been added. It will mainly be used to distribute rewards.
- Boss dungeon time limits have been changed to 5 minutes upon the boss clear.
- Characters will now be unable to change equipment while sitting on a chair.
- Party Quest: Dragon Rider's pre-requisite quests have been adjusted to an appropriate level.
- Kritias's quests have been adjusted to an appropriate level.
- Account gender display in the Character Info screen has been removed.
- Equipment tooltip has been reworked such that if the item cannot be used due to class or gender limit, the damage increase or decrease will not be shown.
- Buff Freezer effect will now be applied to several V Skills.
- New monsters from Kerning Tower and Arcana have been added to Monster Collection.
- Images of the
56 MapleStory Heroes has been updated on the Character Creation Screen.
- Skill voices have been updated for Phantom and Eunwol.