18 May 2016
Supernatural Patch Notes (v159)
We step forward into yet again another new era of MapleStory, the Supernatural, where we discover the powers of a new hero, Kinesis and the terror of the Destruction King, the new boss Ursus. This Patch notes will cover the following :
1. Returning from Hiatus: Korean Folk Town 2. New Content: Spiegelmann's Ghost Park 3. New System: Todd's Hammer 4. New System: Hyper Stats 5. Revamped Content: Mu Lung Dojo 6. Content & System Changes 7. Star Force Map Updates 8. New Class: Kinesis (Releases 25th May 2016) 9. Boss Raid: Ursus (Releases 1st June 2016)
Returning from Hiatus: Korean Folk Town
Korean Folk Town returns, and the chains of dark energy begins to untangle. This map is accessible via Helios Tower, or Aquarium and is available to players Lvl. 125 and above.
• Levels of monsters have been increased between 130 to 140. • Uses new skeleton animation system. • New background artwork with distinct day and night. • New field quests are available
Your story in Korean Folk Town themed dungeon begins as you learn about the twisted folk tales that's causing Korean Folk Town to collapse, and possibly causing harm to Ludibrium as well. Wiz the Librarian requests you to see into the situation of Korean Folk Town, and that's how your folk story begin. As you learn about the folk stories and the 7 Jades, you set out to save the villagers. The ultimate fate of Korean Folk Town lies in your hands.
New Content: Spiegelmann's Ghost Park
Spiegelmann has opened a Ghost Park to the right side of the Korean Folk Town!
Requirement: Level 125+
• Accessible at the right side of Korean Folk Town, or via the Dimensional Mirror portal available on major towns. • You have 10 minutes in the park to hunt as many monsters, and survive as long as possible. • You will not lose any EXP even if your character dies. • You can enter the Ghost Park 5 times a day. The reset count is initialized every midnight. • There are 7 different charms are available for you to enhance your EXP: Wrath, Regret, Greed, Sloth, Envy, Gluttony, Jealousy. However, these charms will have wrecking effects in the Ghost Park.
Are you ready to begin your spooky journey?
New System: Todd's Hammer
Todd's Hammer is a new system which allows you to transfer the number of Star Force enhancements, up to Epic Rank Potential with Additional Potential, as well as Soul Information of an item to another item that is of the same kind and is 1 to 10 levels higher, e.g. from a Lvl 140 cape to a Lvl. 150 cape.
• The Todd's Hammer system can be accessed via your character's inventory. • Only equipment at Star Force Enhancement level 1 or above can have their abilities extracted and transferred to another item. • Star Force Enhancement level decreases by 1 upon transfer. In other words, the transfer will cost you 1 enhancement star. If your source/extracting equipment already has 7 stars enhancement done and you wish to transfer the equipment's abilities to another equipment, the result/receiving equipment will only have 6 stars. • If the Receiving Equipment still has any remaining upgrade slots, the system will prompt usage of 100% scrolls to consume the remaining upgrade counts.
• Epic and lower grade Potentials and/or Additional Potential will be retained, while higher grades will be decreased to their Epic rank equivalents. • The Extraction Equipment's scrolled stats, additional options and trade-related options will not be transferred. The Receiving Equipment will retain its own scrolled stats, additional options and trade-related options, if any. • You can only transfer an item's abilities to another item which is 1~10 levels higher than it. Items with additional options of Equipped Level Reduction will not apply to this restriction. • The Receiving Equipment will have its Star Force enhancements, potential, additional potential and soul information removed and replaced with those of the Extracting Equipment. • The Extracting Equipment will disappear after the process.
• The Todd's Hammer system cannot be used on the following type of equipments: - Superior Items - Seal Locked Equipment - Equipment with special potential options (e.g. Onyx Ring) - Equipment with expiry dates - Cash Items - Equipment which cannot be Star Force enhanced - Equipment which cannot receive potential - Equipment with special skills - Zero Weapons
New System: Hyper Stats
Hyper stats has been added! Access it via the Character Stat window.
Requirement: Level 140+
• From Level 140, you will receive Hyper Stat points, which will be used to increase Hyper Stats. • You can raise the following Hyper Stats options as follows:
• The number of Hyper Stats points you get per level will gradually increase at every 10 levels post-140. • Based on the current level of the stat added, the amount of hyper stat points required to increase to it to the next level will increase. • You will be able to reset your Hyper Stat Points for the cost of 10 million mesos per reset.
Revamped Content: Mu Lung Dojo
The Mu Lung Dojo has been reorganized, as Mu Gong restructured his Dojo. Do you have what it takes for this new challenge?
Requirement: Level 105+
Overview • The way to access the Mu Lung Dojo remains unchanged. • The existing Mu Lung Dojo's Normal / Hard / Ranking Modes has been deleted. The new dojo has only a single standardized mode. • The entry limit is 3 times a day. Take a break and don't be too hard on yourself! • Damage compensation is applied in the reorganized dojo, where your damage will be reduced to 10% of your regular damage. However, the maximum damage cap remains unchanged at 50,000,000 and bosses HP are adjusted accordingly. • Rankings are reset every Monday at 12AM. Based on your performance, you will be given rewards such as gloves, titles, as well as Mu Lung Dojo points. • To accommodate the weekly tabulation of results, the Dojo will be closed between 11.30PM on Sundays to 12.30AM on Mondays. During this period, you cannot check the ranking boards or receive any rewards.
Structure • The reorganised dojo comprises of 41 floors. Monsters may appear alone or several at once, and their minions may accompany them. • Defeating every monsters on each stage will give you Mu Lung Dojo points. Clearing each stage will reward you 10 points, clearing stage 10, 20, 30 and 40 will give you additional 100 points.
Ranking System & Shop • The rankings are split into three main groups as follows: - Beginner (Level 105 ~ 140) - Expert (Level 141 ~ 180) - Master (Level 181+)
• The Master Group are splited into Job Rankings and Overall Rankings.
• Based on your ranking, you will receive the following: - Master Overall Rank #1: Hero's Gloves, 10th Level of Endurance Title - Master Job Rank #1: Mu Gong's Gloves, 5th Level of Endurance Title - Master Job Rank #2, #3: So Gong's Gloves - Expert Ranking #1: So Gong's Gloves, 2nd Level of Endurance Title - Expert Ranking #2, #3: Expert's Gloves - Novice Ranking #1: Expert's Gloves, 1st Level of Endurance Title - Novice Ranking #2, #3, Expert Apprentice's Gloves.
• Based on your group / ranking percentage, you will receive bonus Mu Lung Dojo points - Novice Group: 3000 ~ 8000 Points - Expert Group: 6000 ~ 11000 Points - Master Group: 8000 ~ 18000 Points
• NPC Lao has opened a shop at Mu Lung Dojo Entrance. You can purchase various special rewards thru him using Mu Lung Dojo Points, like the Mu Gong Honor EXP Guarantee.
Mu Lung Training Center
• To enter the Mu Lung Training Center, you need to purchase Training Center Charms from NPC Lao. • Speak to NPC So Gong to enter the training center. • Upon entering the Training Center, you will automatically gain EXP over time based on your character's level. • You can be inside the Training Center for as long as your charm lasts, and you will be sent out if the time runs out. • You are able to leave the Training Center early, but remaining time on your charm will not be refunded.
Content & System Changes
A. New rewards added for Theme Dungeons: • Fairy Academy Ellinel: Mesos, Spell Traces, New Eye Accessory • Gold Beach: Mesos, Spell Traces, New Earrings • Riena Strait: Mesos, Spell Traces, New Belt • Mushroom Castle: Mesos, Spell Traces, New Pendant • Grand Athenaeum: Mesos, Spell Traces
B. Mastery Book Rewards from current contents has been changed or added as follows: • Evolving System: Mastery Book cost prices has been reduced. • Lion King's Castle: Luden's Mastery Book will now give 1 Mastery Book 20 and 1 Mastery Book 30. • Fantastic Theme Park: Mastery Book can be obtained upon completion of this Theme Dungeon. • Crimson Citadel Wood: Mastery Book can be obtained upon completion of this Theme Dungeon. • World Merged PQ Point Shop: Mastery Books are now available in the NPC Shop. • Silent Crusade: Mastery Books are now available in the NPC shop.
C. Danger Taxi for Twilight Perion has been added.
• Various destinations around Twilight Perion are available from this taxi for the cost of mesos.
D. Honor Point System Changes • Upon reaching Level 30 and beyond, the amount of honor points obtained is increased progressively on character's leveling. • Characters created before this patch will have honor points compensated accordingly. • The amount of honor points given per Medal of Honor when hunting is increased.
E. Burning Field Changes • The time required for the Burning Field Stage to increase has been reduced. • The maximum Burning Field Stage is now adjusted to Stage 10, with the Max Bonus Experience adjusted to 100%.
F. Minor Skill Changes • Orbital Flame - Add Range: Changed to ON/OFF Skill. (Flame Wizard Hyper Skill) • Wrath of Enreal: Ability to link with Aerial Barrage has been removed. (Mercedes' Hyper Skill)
G. Removal of Hyper Skill Character Stat Boost • The original Hyper Skill Character Stat boosts has already been integrated into the New Hyper Skill System.
H. Monster Changes • Certain monsters and Star Force monsters around Maple World has been reorganized : → Monsters in the Mu Lung Garden Region has its stats increased. → Monsters in the Temple of Time Region has its stats increased. → Monsters between Knight District 1 ~ 4 has its stats decreased. → Certain Star Force monsters in Leafre Star Force maps has been adjusted. → Star Force monsters in the Ludibrium Deep Tower region has its stats decreased. → Star Force Monsters in the Dead Mine region has its stats decreased.
I. Availability of Cube and Flame Crafting
• Yellow and Purple Cube crafting has been added under Cube category in Smithing • Rainbow and Crimson Resurrection Flames crafting has been added under Rebirth Flame category in Accessory Crafting
Star Force Map Updates
• New Star Force Maps Added: A Detour to Oblivion (Temple of Time) • The following maps in Knight Stronghold is now a Star Force Map: - First Drill Hall - Second Drill Hall - Armory 1 - Armory 2
New Class Release: Kinesis
Kinesis is a new hero originating from the separate dimension of FriendStory. As a result of a rift in time and space itself, Kinesis has the power of telekinesis. Instead of using magic, he has the ability to control objects with the power of his mind. He uses these powers for good, and protects the citizens within the FriendStory world.
All is well, when one day he loses control of his power during an encounter with the While Mage. As a result, a giant sinkhole was created in the middle of the city and thousands of people fell through. Grendel mobilized as many members of the Mage Guild to port Kinesis over to Maple World. The sinkhole stopped expanding once Kinesis was moved over to Maple World. Can Kinesis return safely to his city and save the citizens?
Class : Magician Main Stat : Intelligence (INT) Primary Weapon : Psy Limiter Secondary Weapon : Chess Pieces
Kinesis’ journey starts at Level 1 in the realm of Friendstory. Not unlike all other Explorers, Kinesis goes through a series of Job Advancements, the first one being at Level 10, second advancement at Level 30, third advancement at Level 60 and fourth advancement at Level 100.
Kinesis originates from the Magician class, and has INT as his main stat. He uses a Psy-Limiter as his primary weapon, and Chess Pieces as his secondary weapon. Unlike other Magicians, Kinesis uses Psychic Points to attack instead of Mana Points.
Kinesis Skill List
Kinesis Growth Support
As MapleSEA welcomes the arrival of Kinesis, all Kinesis characters created within the event period will receive a support event to help you adapt to Maple World!
• Achieve Level 30, 50, 70, 90 on your Kinesis character, and obtain rewards via the Star icon when you reach these levels to obtain your respective rewards! • Do note that if you do not accept your reward within the reward level range, you will not be able to receive it once you have surpassed the respective level range (e.g. Level 30 Rewards can only be accepted between Level 30~49).
New Boss: Destruction King, Ursus
• New boss that uses the skeleton animation system • Largest single body boss in MapleStorySEA • Accessible from Mirror of Dimension, Ursus icon at the left side of the screen, and via Boss Tab
• Ursus has a skill restriction system, where you can only bring 8 skills, so coordination between players is encouraged to utilize party buffs accordingly. All passives / movement skills cannot be selected as they will be applied directly when you enter the boss map. All beginner skills are available on default as well.
• You can enter the Boss fight via a random matching system, where up to a total of 18 players in the waiting area will be selected.
• 'Party Play' function is available if you wish to challenge Ursus with your friends or enter with less than 18 people. You can also choose to fill up the remaining spots by pressing the 'Start 18 Players' button.
• Unlike other bosses, Ursus does not have a time limit. • SEED Rings, which gives additional skills are not usable in the boss map. • To allow an equal level playing field and reduce disparity between Level 100 to 250, your damage will be adjusted according to your equipped weapon's level and total Star Force. • When you die inside the fight, you will not be able to move or revive. Maplers that are alive are able to rescue other users by pressing the 'Space Bar' button for a period of time. There is a rescue count of 80. • The boss raid will end if Ursus HP is 0 or all Maplers in the map are dead. • There is a limited number of 20 potions you can use while fighting Ursus, and the count resets each time you get rescued. • Press the "Tab" button while in the boss map, to check the current battle statistics.
• After each fight, you will receieve Mesos, EXP, as well as collectable items based on your performance. • Ursus Collectable Items are used to purchase items from Aisha's Store in the Boss Entrance Map.
• Get rewarded when you complete achievement challenges.