12 Jan 2018
Design Your Story Season 2 - Wings & Spring!
Remember the Design event we had in November 2017? During that event, many of you, our MapleSEA players, submitted your ideas and designs. We saw many designs that fit the game and we have sent a good portion of them for implementation! All that's left is to sit tight and...... design even more! This time round, the Seasonal/Themed will be slightly special, Wings & Spring! Always found the Wings selection in the Heavenly Wing Box plain and repetitive? Now you can design your favourite version of Wings, with winning designs placed in future Heavenly Wing Boxes! Prepare for breeze and Spring, as we usher in the New Year, with all-new clothes and specially designed outfits for this season!
We will also be hosting a special spinoff to the Design Your Story contest in a slight twist. This time round, the cozy Guidemaker's Abode is now accepting submissions! You can submit any guides similar to the example shown here, as long as you think it may help players!
Design Your Story Contest Season 2
How to Participate?
We have two different categories for this contest, and anyone can participate in either (or both) categories! The two categories are as follows:
- Anything Goes!
- Seasonal/Themed: Wings & Spring
For Guidemaker's Abode submissions, all submissions must be properly formatted and supplemented with relevant images (or an explanation of the images, as long as the message gets across fine).
Submit your entries via e-mail with your Maple ID, IGN and World, and hang on tight! Once all entries have been received, they will be reviewed and winners will be selected, while everyone chooses their favourites through a voting session on Facebook! Voting will only happen for the main Design Your Story component, Guidemaker's Abode submissions will be reviewed by the Team.
Wondering what rewards are awaiting you?
For every design submitted,
- They will be posted to our site gallery upon conclusion of the event and review by the Maple Team.
- All participants, excluding the winners will receive 300 Maple Points per submission.
- Will have their designs sent for development ingame. Upon successful development and implementation into the game, the participant who submitted the original idea will be the first to receive the items and receive bragging rights!
- Will be awarded up to 50,000 Maple Points depending on the category they participated in.
- All participants will receive 500 Maple Points per submission of well-thought out and original guide.
- If the guide ends up being used on the website for our users to see, the participant's IGN will be acknowledged as the guide creator, and the participant will receive up to 50,000 Maple Points depending on the depth and simplicity of the guide!
- Event duration: 12 January 2018 to 11 February 2018, 2359hrs
For Example: Design Your Story - Wings Submission by mymapleid123
- Item sets: Multiple items of the same theme will be referred to as a "set". Each entry will also refer to being a single set. A set includes but is not limited to one (1) item from each item category. For example, a set can consist of 1 hat, 1 overall, 1 cape, 1 shoe, 1 chair, etc. Opposing genders equipment will be considered the same set. However, if there are more than 1 type of the same item category in the set (e.g, 2 different hats), it has to be heavily backed by reason, otherwise it will be considered a submission for a different set.
- Restrictions: Each category has limited submissions per Maple ID. Up to 5 sets will be allowed for submission to the "Anything Goes" category, and up to 2 sets for the "Seasonal/Themed" category per Maple ID.
- Rationale: Each submission should include a short writeup about the item to better illustrate the rationale behind the design (not required but highly recommended)
- Submission medium: Entries can be submitted either digitally or scanned from pictures done traditionally, or in any other media form. Text submissions listing out ideas will not be accepted.
- Submission identification: Each submission MUST INCLUDE the participant's Maple ID, IGN, and World. Each submission should have a set name (if it is part of a set), and all individual designs should have its own names for identification purposes.
- Winners: There will be two winners for each category, the Team's Choice (decided after review by the Maple Team and Nexon) and the Voter's Choice (decided by other players in MapleSEA!) Suitable designs will also be sent for development if they are appropriate.
- Accepted Designs: There are no limitations to the submissions, as long as it is an asset or element in the game that is skinnable, and not a functional item with in-game benefits. This includes but is not limited to:
- Cash Equipment (including Weapons)
- Cash Effects and Rings
- Hair and Face Styles
- Chairs (including Couple/Multi-chairs within reason)
- Pets (including their Equipment)
- Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation reserves the right to edit the colour scheme of the item when necessary to set a common colour scheme for all items.
- Nexon Corporation shall own the intellectual property rights to the Contents and any derivative works.
- If a winning item is accused of plagiarism, the participant shall forfeit the prize and at the same time the participant shall bear the legal responsibility for the plagiarism. This rule shall also apply to all other non-winning entries who are found guilty of plagiarism.
- Winning entries will be developed into game items to be gradually released into MapleSEA, however the release schedule may be changed without prior notice and notification.
- All submissions must be sent to the designated email.
- All decisions by Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation are final & binding.
- Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation reserve the right to edit or change any of the above without prior notice.
Want to start but not sure how? We have you covered! Simply download our template file provided and start designing. You can design almost anything that goes on the character with our template!