01 Nov 2017
Design Your Story
Saw how some of your cash equipment items have a small line of description stating that they were designed by players from all around the world? Think you can do better than them and come up with a design that’s sure to wow everyone?
Wait no longer! This November, we will be holding a contest to allow you, our Maplers, to come up with designs for anything you want in game! Your dream of having your favourite designs in game will not remain a dream any longer. Grab your pencils (or markers, or tablets, or…anything), your artist’s cap, and get designing!
Design Your Story Contest
MapleStory has always been your story to tell, your path to choose. Now, we’re letting your creative juices get a chance to flow with this contest, so you can design YOUR story! It’s simple, just draw, design or in any other way showcase your desired in-game items, and send it to the submission e-mail address! It’s so simple, so why not just give it a shot? Who knows, your design may just be the next highly-coveted aesthetic item by players all across the globe!
How to Participate?
We have two different categories for this contest, and anyone can participate in either (or both) categories! The two categories are as follows:
- Anything Goes!
- Seasonal/Themed: Summer, the all-year SEAson
In Anything Goes!, you can submit anything you want to see in game, regardless of the themed category.
It’s a little trickier, but for the Seasonal/Themed category, all submissions must follow the theme as stated. Otherwise, the submission should fall under “Anything Goes!”.
Submit your entries via e-mail with your Maple ID, IGN and World, and hang on tight! Once all entries have been received, they will be reviewed and winners will be selected, while everyone chooses their favourites through a voting session on Facebook!
Wondering what rewards are awaiting you?
For every design submitted,
- They will be posted to our site gallery upon conclusion of the event and review by the Maple Team.
- All participants, excluding the winners will receive 300 Maple Points per submission.
The winners with the best designs in each category,
- Will have their designs sent for development ingame. Upon successful development and implementation into the game, the participant who submitted the original idea will be the first to receive the items and receive bragging rights!
- Will be awarded up to 50,000 Maple Points depending on the category they participated in.
- Receives a sketchbook bearing our iconic Orange Mushroom as theirs to keep!
- Event duration: 2 November 2017 to 30 November 2017, 2359hrs
- Submissions: Send your submissions in an email to the designated email address with the subject “Design Your Story - [[Category Name]] Submission by [[MapleID]]”. If you’re submitting an entry for the Anything Goes category, use “AG”. If you’re submitting an entry for the Seasonal/Themed category, use “Summer”. Multiple submissions should be separated and sent with multiple e-mail submission. Please include your Maple ID, IGN, and World in your e-mail. We may disqualify incomplete submissions.
For Example: Design Your Story - AG Submission by mymapleid123
- Item sets: Multiple items of the same theme will be referred to as a “set”. Each entry will also refer to being a single set. A set includes but is not limited to one (1) item from each item category. For example, a set can consist of 1 hat, 1 overall, 1 cape, 1 shoe, 1 chair, etc. Opposing genders equipment will be considered the same set. However, if there are more than 1 type of the same item category in the set (e.g, 2 different hats), it has to be heavily backed by reason, otherwise it will be considered a submission for a different set.
- Restrictions: Each category has limited submissions per Maple ID. Up to 5 sets will be allowed for submission to the “Anything Goes” category, and up to 2 sets for the “Seasonal/Themed” category per Maple ID.
- Rationale: Each submission should include a short writeup about the item to better illustrate the rationale behind the design (not required but highly recommended)
- Submission medium: Entries can be submitted either digitally or scanned from pictures done traditionally, or in any other media form. Text submissions listing out ideas will not be accepted.
- Submission identification: Each submission MUST INCLUDE the participant’s Maple ID, IGN, and World. Each submission should have a set name (if it is part of a set), and all individual designs should have its own names for identification purposes.
- Winners: There will be two winners for each category, the Team’s Choice (decided after review by the Maple Team and Nexon) and the Voter’s Choice (decided by other players in MapleSEA!) Suitable designs will also be sent for development if they are appropriate.
- Accepted Designs: There are no limitations to the submissions, as long as it is an asset or element in the game that is skinnable, and not a functional item with in-game benefits. This includes but is not limited to:
- Cash Equipment (including Weapons)
- Cash Effects and Rings
- Hair and Face Styles
- Chairs (including Couple/Multi-chairs within reason)
- Pets (including their Equipment)
At a glance….
Want to start but not sure how? We have you covered! Simply download our template file provided and start designing. You can design almost anything that goes on the character with our template!
Terms and Conditions
- Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation reserves the right to edit the colour scheme of the item when necessary to set a common colour scheme for all items.
- Nexon Corporation shall own the intellectual property rights to the Contents and any derivative works.
- If a winning item is accused of plagiarism, the participant shall forfeit the prize and at the same time the participant shall bear the legal responsibility for the plagiarism. This rule shall also apply to all other non-winning entries who are found guilty of plagiarism.
- Winning entries will be developed into game items to be gradually released into MapleSEA, however the release schedule may be changed without prior notice and notification.
- All submissions must be sent to the designated email.
- All decisions by Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation are final & binding.
- Asiasoft Online and Nexon Corporation reserve the right to edit or change any of the above without prior notice.